Measuring in machine vision is used to confirm the dimensional accuracy of components, parts and sub-assemblies automatically, without the need for manual intervention. Typical applications for gauging vision systems include
- Measuring maximum/minimum dimensions of components, parts or products
- Measuring inner or outer diameters or centre coordinates of circular products
- Measuring the roundness or angle of metal parts
- Dimensional inspection of medical device components and pharmaceutical products
- Measuring label positions, seals and packaging dimensions
- Measuring widths of sheet/film products
- Gauging components on printed circuit boards
- Checking component and sub-assembly positions.
- Measuring three dimension of object (Thickness, height, depth, volume).